Haringey Council needed a site that provided the highest standards of user experience to the thousands of people who live within the area. The goal of the rebuilt sites was to achieve a modern, responsive platform with a clean design that would provide an exemplar user experience and meet gold standards of accessibility.
We were involved in the project for Haringey Council, from writing user stories and gathering and prioritising the functional requirements. We used an agile project methodology to plan, manage and deliver sprints of development work to rebuild a suite of council websites using Drupal 7.
This was a complex and detailed project, which we managed the technical portion of from start to finish ensuring that each stage was completed on time and as efficiently as possible. We used a repeatable content migration process from OpenText’s LiveLink (more recently known as “OpenText Content Suite") to Drupal, that ensured our migration code continued to work during the life of the project.
We migrated the look and feel of the old site for launch until the new rebranding project was completed - at which point we implemented the new look and feel.
- Built three sites on the Drupal Panopoly distribution to support code maintenance and ease staff re-training
- Recreation of the existing site designs whilst implementing WAG 2.0 AA compliance
- Over 3000 pages of static content to scrub and migrate
- Reduction in annual hosting and licence costs providing value for money
- Award winning accessible website design
- Clustered hosting model with Content Delivery Network to maximise resilience, traffic management and availability of servers
- Fully supported and maintained with our ITIL accredited application and infrastructure layer support service
The site has a wide range of information about services and easy access to carrying out tasks, presented using a structure and style which makes it very easy to use. This site really works - it's not just a show pony!
Haringey’s website has been ranked as one of the top local authority websites in the UK for the fifth year running. The website earned a four-star rating, the highest available, from independent watchdog, The Society of IT Management (SOCITM). Only one other council in the UK can match this 5+ year top rating.
The Better Connected assessment is built around the concept of 'top tasks'. This approach to website design and navigation enables quick and simple customer journeys for website users from search engine or home page through to resolution. SOCITM concluded that Haringey's site was an example of best practice for others to follow in terms of usability, its "clear and clean layout" and ease of access on mobile devices.
The clean, contemporary design of this website makes the promotion and customer journey both very straightforward... recommended as an example of best practice